2011/04/21

Mats Kahlstrom

21 years old Sweden-based freelancer photographer Mats Kahlström, currently studying civil engineering at Luleå University of Technology, says that he has always had a pretty creative side. Since he was little he liked to work with his hands, to realize all ideas.
Mats joins Get Busy Living blog and shows his stunning shots.
Mats Kahlström
Mats: Another side of me loves sports, especially those giving a bit of adrenaline when doing them. I used to skateboard a lot, riding moutainbike and skiing. When my younger brother got sponsors riding BMX I took up my camera and merged together these two interests of mine. Photography became a way to express myself and show others the joy and thrill I got while doing what I love to do.
Julie: Studying and shooting. Which one of these two fields is more interesting to you?
Mats: I would say I am equally interested in both studying and taking photos. The two work very well hand in hand as my studies has a very theoretical focus whilst photography is very practical. And both photography and engineering are two very creative fields.
Julie: Sports photography dominates on your portfolio. What inspires you to shoot people doing sports?
Mats: I love the lifestyle and the technical difficulties that come with shooting sports. It’s all about revealing everything in just a split second of time. That is not very easy.
Julie: Do you shoot only in Sweden?
Mats: I shoot mainly in Sweden but i’ve been abroad aswell shooting. My latest trip was when I went to Estonia to shoot the Simpel Session competition two months ago. That was a blast!

Want to see more? http://www.matskahlstrom.se/

No comments:

Post a Comment