2011/07/02

Mofeta & Jerre

Who is this Sweden based duo? It was the name that captured the interest. I introduce you Jens Siverstedt, a member of a band, which every fan of good music should know. Enjoy.

Julija: I don't understand Swedish language, but I like the sound of your songs, Mofeta & Jerre seems to be a positive band. What do you sing about?
Jens: Haha, Swedish must sound really weird when you don't understand it! We try to sing about different topics, lately we've try to write more serious lyrics, more about love, politics and deeper stories. But when people think about us, they often think that we just write about party and easy-going things. I think that they should listen to our albums!
Mofeta & Jerre
Julija: I know your band collaborates with a Swedish rapper Promoe. Could you elaborate?
Jens: Sure, we went on a big tour during 2009-2010 with Promoe, we were his backing liveband. It was a really good time, he's a good friend of mine. I'm working with Promoe in the studio with some tracks that I've produced.

Julija: Do you play with other musicians?
Jens: Yeah sure! With my liveband "Spiderdogs" we've made a lot gigs with other artist, mainly hip hop artists. We've played with Adam Tensta, Chords, Timbuktu, Looptroop Rockers and many more.

Julija: Do you need special occasions or inspirations to create? If yes, what inspires you?
Jens: Hm, that's hard to answer. I often get the best results when I don't expect anything. When my mind is clean and don't have to bother of anyting else. But during the nightime I always get into a better mood for making good music.

Julija: What is the feeling when you hear your songs on the radio or see videos on MTV?
Jens: That's great! That's a big part of being a musician, to get the audience to hear your music, that's like the final stage of making music.

Band's latest videos:  


Julija: What are you listening to at the moment?
Jens: I'm listening to a lot of different music, At the moment I discovered "Frank Ocean" he's really great. And if you like good hip hop music you should listen to "Fashawn - Boy Meets World.

I thank Jens for the interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment